God has offered each one of us a beautiful and exciting opportunity! He has invited us to be stewards of His Kingdom — to partner with Him in the care of our community. Rather than be overwhelmed by this invitation, let us rise as co-workers with Christ! Consider how the Lord has gifted you. Has the Lord gifted you with faith, time, talent, energy, or treasure in this season? What seeds has He given you that you might sow?
To make the invitation even sweeter, God promises that those who sow their seeds bountifully will also reap bountifully. We hope that as you begin to pray about where God might be asking you to get involved, you would feel the joy of His bountiful harvest! We trust that being a Good Steward of our faith community will grow your faith, make you feel more connected, and bless people in ways you may not even realize!
Here are a few ways in which you can respond to God’s invitation to stewardship of our community:
Share Your Time:
- Minister during mass as a Greeter, a Lector, a Commentator, or a Eucharistic minister
- Help with Hospitality after masses
- Serve those in need through our St. Vincent de Paul ourtreach
- Pray for those in need as a member of our Prayer Line
- Decorate, set-up or clean-up for our fundraisers or events
- Check out our “Get Involved” section of this website for more ways to share your time!
Share Your Talent:
- Musical talents at our weekend liturgies
- Organizational skills by helping to plan a fundraiser or parish event
- Creativity by helping to prepare our church environment
- Assist with our faith formation programs
- Check out our “Get Involved” section of this website for more ways to share your talent!
Share Your Treasure:
- Weekly, as an offering at Mass – we are happy to track these tax-deductible donations for you if you subscribe to offertory envelopes or electronic giving (please contact the front office to sign up for these services).
- Annually, Annual Bishop’s Appeal, supporting the ministries of our whole diocese with extra funds collected (after meeting our parish obligation) going directly to pay down our parish building (mortgage) fund.
- When you’re able, support or sponsor parish fundraisers or simply just give when the time is right for you….donations can be made for any amount at any time.
Join Our Team!
Our San Agustin community exists because of stewardship and we need each of our members to join us! We have all been created uniquely and bring different gifts to share. Together, let us be stewards of these gifts and stewards of our parish, trusting that the Lord will work mightily through our willingness!